Like many businesses across New Zealand we were pleased to hear the Prime Minister announce that NZ would commence a staged transition to Alert Level 2 from Thursday 14 May, which allowed us to further expand daily business activities.
As an essential service, the New Zealand Pump Company has been operating from our Hamilton site through the level 4 and 3 lockdown, following the strict health and safety requirements from the Health Department. As we moved to level 2 we’ve been allowed increased activities including more face to face interactions between our team, customers and logistics partners.
All customers should rest assured that we have already had effective safety and prevention procedures in place for over 8 weeks as our team has worked during the lockdown. We’ll continue these measures over the coming weeks. Some of our safety procedures include:
1. Ongoing discussions with staff to identify risks and ways to manage them.
2. Requesting that all our workers, contractors and customers with cold or flu-like symptoms stay away from our workplace.
3. Restricting access to our premises to staff only.
4. Maintaining contact-tracing records of anyone who has close interaction such as workers, contractors and customers.
5. Reducing the number of shared surfaces staff might touch, and regularly disinfecting those surfaces.
We are very aware our operations in New Zealand, the US and UK are important to our staff, customers and their local communities. Ezi-action drumpumps
have been widely used in the battle against Covid-19 and our entire team is working hard to meet demand and support customers around the world.