NZ Pump Blog
Robust polypropylene plastic and polyethylene plastic construction means the Ezi-action® Drum Pumps and Ezi-action® Safety Measure have excellent resistance to a wide range of chemicals.
The Ezi-action® Drum Pump and Ezi-action® Safety Measure are suitable for dispensing strong chemicals including caustic and chlorine based chemicals, acidic and alkaline chemicals and mild solvents.
With Ezi-action® Drum Pumps the seals are LDPE and there is no requirement to change seals when dispensing different chemicals.
Chemical Compatibility Guide for Ezi-action® Drumpumps
These charts provide an indication as to the longevity of the Ezi-action® Drum Pumps (made from polypropylene with the seals and flap valves made from LDPE) with many chemicals.
- Click here for a useful guide to the chemical resistance of polypropylene and low density polyethylene (LDPE) plastics.*
- Click here for an alternative chart for polypropylene resistance.
Chemical Compatibility Guide for Ezi-action® Safety Measure
This chart provides an indication as to the longevity of the Ezi-action® Safety Measure ( made from HDPE) with many chemicals.
- Click here for a useful guide to high density polyethylene (HDPE) chemical resistance.
If you’d like assistance from our sales team in your area then please Contact Us and click on your location on the world map.
Improving the longevity of Ezi-action® Drumpumps - Fully Serviceable
- Our customers have improved the longevity of Ezi-action® Drum Pumps in liquids with poor resistance by not leaving them in the drums when not in use or by rinsing them after use.
- Ezi-action® Drumpumps can be serviced and rebuilt so longevity and value for money is assured. Learn more.
In addition to LDPE Seal Packs we now offer S Seal Packs (hytrel) and Viton Seal Pack ( Viton O ring with LDPE Seals). To see if these plastics better suit your requirements click here.
Final determination of suitability for intended use or manner of use is the responsibility of the user.
Ezi-action® Drumpumps are not to be used for highly flammable liquids, strong solvents* or for pumping petrol.
* Even if the compatibility charts indicate a solvent is good to use with polypropylene swelling of the PP will occur. Due to the patented operational design of the Ezi-action® Drumpump there is not much space for swelling without jamming.
Click here to see industries and sectors where Ezi-action® Drumpumps and Ezi-action® Safety Measures are being used.